Pray ~ It is a remarkable commitment.
Investigate ~ Seek out friends who homeschool, and look for groups in your area. There are plenty of home school moms who I’m sure will be happy to talk with you, too.
Read ~ Educate yourself first.
The following are some of my favorite books and websites for learning about home education.
- The Well-Trained Mind: A Guide to Classical Education at Home ~ Bauer
- For the Children’s Sake: Foundations of Education for Home and School ~ Macaulay
- So You’re Thinking About Homeschooling ~ Welchel
- Educating the WholeHearted Child ~ Clarkson
http://homeschoolenrichment.com/ (great magazine and I’ve even written a couple of articles for it)
Question ~ Finally, think on these things.
- Why am I considering teaching my children at home?
- What are some books about home schooling I can read?
- Do I need to do all the teaching, or should I look into tutoring or classes?
- Do you enjoy spending time together as a family?
- Do you have a love for reading and learning?